ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND
REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 2013 Baby Calendar Contest is open to residents of the State of Georgia, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Union-Recorder and CNHImedia and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. Contestants that have won in the past 5 years are not eligible to win.
2. Contest Period: Contest period begins at 8:30 a.m. (E.D.T) Tuesday, September 18, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (E.D.T.) Sunday, October 28, 2012.
3. How to Enter: Enter by submitting a completed Entry form as well as a photo of the baby and a $15 entry fee (cash, check, money order, credit card) to The Union-Recorder office at 165 Garrett Way, Milledgeville, Georgia, or online at www.unionrecorder.com. Entries must be submitted by an adult 18 years or older at the time of submission. Photo of the baby must have been taken prior to the child’s 3rd birthday (regardless of current age). Digital photos must be sent in jpg form and 240 dpi. Only one photo entered per child. Name of baby, person submitting the photo and phone number must be listed on the back of the photo. By submitting this information, The Union-Recorder reserves the right to use the baby’s photo and name in any print products of The Union-Recorder as well as on its website. Checks for entry may be made payable to The Union-Recorder. Photos taken by a professional photographer (copyright registered) must be accompanied by written release from the photographer. To have photo returned please provide a S.A.S.E. or pick up at The Union-Recorder, 165 Garrett Way, Milledgeville, GA 31061.
Online Entry: Visit the 2013 Baby Calendar Contest official registration page on The Union-Recorder’s website www.unionrecorder.com. Complete the entry form, upload photo, submit form of payment for entry fee, and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking.
Mail or In Person Entry: Complete an entry form found in September 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, October 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2012, editions of The Union-Recorder and available at The Union-Recorder office located at 165 Garrett Way, NW, Milledgeville, GA 31061. The entry form with the photo and entry fee can be mailed to The Union-Recorder, "Baby Calendar Contest", P.O. Box 520, Milledgeville, GA 31061. Entries can be dropped off at The Union-Recorder office, 165 Garrett Way NW, Milledgeville, GA. In person entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. October 12, 2012. Mailed entries must be postmarked by October 11, 2012, and received no later than 5:00 p.m. October 12, 2012.
Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted. Owner information may be verified by phone. Photos will not be posted until information is verified. Entry form photocopies are permitted. The Union-Recorder will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or The Union-Recorder.
Photos will be published in The Union-Recorder and on line during the voting period of October 12- October 27, 2012, as they are received and verified. Photos may appear only once in The Union-Recorder, but will remain online even as new photos are posted and throughout the voting period. The 2013 Baby Calendar Contest featuring winning photos and event sponsors will be inserted in the Tuesday, October 30, 2012, edition of The Union-Recorder.
4. Voting Procedures and Rules: The voting period will begin at 5:01 pm. (E.D.T.) Friday, October 12, 2012, and conclude at 11:59 p.m. (E.D.T) Sunday, October 28, 2012. Votes may be made in person, mailed or submitted online. Mailed votes must be postmarked by Thursday, October 25, 2012, and received on or before Friday, October 26, 2012. In person votes must be received by 5:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) Friday, October 26, 2012, and online voting will end at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 28, 2012. Voting totals will be posted online daily as they are verified. Voting is open to the general public. Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. Vote for your favorite picture for the 2013 Baby Calendar Contest by submitting a voting ballot along with a 25¢ per vote fee to The Union-Recorder (minimum dollar amount of $5.00 for online voting). Each 25¢ will count as one vote. There is no limit on voting amounts. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
The Union-Recorder will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots) or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or The Union-Recorder. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of The Union-Recorder and none will be returned.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by The Union-Recorder in its sole discretion, and The Union-Recorder reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
All Voting fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined by total number of votes received. In the event of a tie, The Union-Recorder will randomly pick the winner from the tied entries. Winners will be selected on or about October 29, 2012.
6. Prizes: First place winner will receive a $1000 U.S. Savings Bond. Second Place winner will receive a $500 U.S. Savings Bond. Third Place winner will receive a special prize. The first place winner will also be featured on the cover of The Union-Recorder 2013 Baby Calendar, and the 2nd, 3rd and following 10 runners-up will be featured next to one of the 12 months of the calendar.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible votes received.
Winners will be acknowledged in print in The Union-Recorder and online at www.unionrecorder.com.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance: All parents/legal guardians of winners grant the right to The Union-Recorder to publish the photo of their child throughout the next 12 months as part of the contest. A valid photo ID of the parent or legal guardian may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nontransferable and there will be no substitutions allowed by winner. The Union-Recorder reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for reporting and payment of any tax on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit and publicity release, which must be returned within 10 days of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or to comply with any terms or conditions of the official rules may result in disqualification and a substitute may be awarded.
8. Participation: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Union-Recorder. The Union-Recorder reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by The Union-Recorder. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of The Union-Recorder which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, The Union-Recorder reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the 2013 Baby Calendar Contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, The Union-Recorder reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
9. Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. All online payments will go through our Administrator “Advanced Pre Press Technology Inc., Burbank, CA." Any charges incurred will show up as Online Contest – APT on your statement.
The 2013 Baby Calendar Contest is sponsored by The Union-Recorder. The decisions of The Union-Recorder regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Union-Recorder will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit our website www.unionrecorder.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winner’s List/Official Rules” (as applicable), 2013 Baby Calendar Contest, c/o The Union-Recorder. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please telephone 478-453-1414.