ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 2013 Baby Contest is open to residents of the State of Texas, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Corsicana Daily Sun and CNHI media and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Contest Period. Contest period begins at 12 noon (C.D.T.) March 1 and ends at 4:00 p.m. (C.D.T.) March 29, 2013.
3. How to Enter. Beginning at 12 noon C.D.T. March 1, 2013 and ending at 5:00 p.m. C.D.T. March 15, 2013, enter by visiting the 2013 Cutest Baby Contest official registration page on the Daily Sun's website www.corsicanadailysun.com. Complete the entry form, upload photo (jpeg), submit form of $10 payment for entry fee, and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SUBMIT" button. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry technology.
The Daily Sun reserves the right to verify proof of age. Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted.
The Daily Sun will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or the Daily Sun.
Photos will be published in the Daily Sun on March 16, 2013 or as space is available and online during the entry period as they are received and verified. Photos will be posted online as they are received and verified during the entry period. The winning photo will be published on April 6, 2013 in the print edition of the Daily Sun, online and on the cover of the May edition of Explore Magazine.
4. Voting Procedures and Rules. The voting period will begin at 5:01 p.m. (C.D.T.) Friday, March 15, 2012 and conclude at 4:00 p.m. (C.D.T.) March 29, 2012.
Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. Vote for your favorite baby by submitting a voting ballot along with a $.50 per vote fee. Each $.50 donation will count as one vote. There is no limit on donation amounts. Votes do require a minimum of $5.00 per donation.
On-Line votes may be submitted using a valid credit card including, American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Discover: (min. $5.00 online charge). Only valid, authorized credit card transactions will be considered as a legitimate vote. All authorized credit card transactions are non-cancellable and non-refundable. If your credit card is declined for any reason, no vote will be submitted on your behalf. All on-line payments will go through our Administrator “Advanced Pre Press Technology Inc., Burbank, CA. Any charges incurred will show up as “Online Contest – APT” on your statement. Any in-house voting will end Thursday, March 28, at 5:00 pm.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by the Daily Sun in its sole discretion, and the Daily Sun reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
5. General Refund/Cancellation Policy: Entries: Fees for approved and verified photo entries are non-cancellable and non-refundable. Voting: All Voting fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
6. Winner Determination. Winners will be determined by total number of votes received. In the event of a tie, the Daily Sun will randomly select the winner from the tied entries. Winner will be selected on or about April 1, 2013.
7. Prizes. There will be one grand prize of a $300 photo session with Memories by Melissa and the front cover of May Explore magazine. Gift baskets will be given to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th runner up. Winners will be acknowledged in print of the Daily Sun, online at www.corsicanadailysun.com, and included in the May Edition of Explore magazine. All contestants will have their pictures ran in the May edition of explore.
8. Winner Notifications and Acceptance. All parents and/or legal guardians of winners specifically grant the right to the Daily Sun to publish the photo for their child in the 2013 Cutest Baby Contest. A valid photo identification of the parent or legal guardian may be required and a photo release must be executed. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are not assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner.
Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Daily Sun reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete and affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of the Daily Sun. Winners will be notified on or about April 1, 2014, at the telephone number provided on the entry form. The Daily Sun will call during regular business hours. Failure to reach winners by phone may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
9. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Daily Sun. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of the Daily Sun which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, the Daily Sun reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the 2013 Cutest Baby Contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Daily Sun reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The 2013 Cutest Baby Contest is sponsored by the Corsicana Daily Sun. The decisions of the Daily Sun regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Daily Sun will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit our website www.corsicanadailysun.com, 2013 Cutest Baby Contest.
If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Karen Davis at (903) 872.3931 or firstname.lastname@example.org